Archive for August, 2011

Bose Knows

The OEM ‘Premium’ Bose stereo had some common issues, like whine and popping in the rear speakers caused by the amplifiers failing. I replaced all the electrolytic capacitors, and the system is now functional. Next I’ll be adding a 1/8″ stereo input via the OEM CD changer connection, and may attempt to integrate a subwoofer with some crossover trickery.

I also replaced the starter (no more grind), replaced all engine vacuum lines, fixed the hatch release, hatch lock cylinder, among other things. Once the current minor repair list is complete, paint and wheels are next, maybe some tint as well. I may need to take apart the top of the engine to replace valve cover seals, but all the seals recently replaced on the lower-half of the engine are clean and tight.

No Comments