This is a

test post

Marinate the scene with my high beams

On the block

G-car teardown

In preparation for sale, the Geo has been relocated to the backyard so I can work on it and keep the Z in the driveway. The interior has been removed to get at the stereo, seatbelt sensors, and alarm system for rewiring.

Once I’m satisfied with the interior electrical work, the seats and trim will get a good cleaning and go back in for the last time, with any missing screws and fasteners being replaced along the way. Engine and exhaust work will follow.

Bose Knows

The OEM ‘Premium’ Bose stereo had some common issues, like whine and popping in the rear speakers caused by the amplifiers failing. I replaced all the electrolytic capacitors, and the system is now functional. Next I’ll be adding a 1/8″ stereo input via the OEM CD changer connection, and may attempt to integrate a subwoofer with some crossover trickery.

I also replaced the starter (no more grind), replaced all engine vacuum lines, fixed the hatch release, hatch lock cylinder, among other things. Once the current minor repair list is complete, paint and wheels are next, maybe some tint as well. I may need to take apart the top of the engine to replace valve cover seals, but all the seals recently replaced on the lower-half of the engine are clean and tight.